I'm at work and for the first time in many many weeks, I'm not swamped or overwhelmed with the multitude of students, calls, emails, applications and kooky kooky supervisors that I'm dealt on a day to day basis. So here I am, blogging.
My New York trip came and went and it was good and strange at the same time. Good because I got to revisit a place growth and it made me see how the way I think has changed since Dec '06 to now (in a good way), strange because I was just a
visitor. Uptown train/Downtown train, walking, eating, shopping, partying, drinking. On Saturday afternoon, Me and Eden were waiting for Jus and Russ in front of Cafe Habana in Soho and so many random people from everywhere (New Yorkers, foreigners, dogs sportin' canine clothes) were walking by. Just standing there catching pieces of everyone's conversations reminded me that the energy of a million billion jillion happenings can take up just one nyc block.
A million billion jillion? I am so SMRT.
Trips are good because they take you away. But whenever I return, I
c o m e d o w n. Maybe it's just me. I sorta compare it to when I was a little girl and we'd get visitors from out of town. Days, and weekends full of activities, people wanting to play with me all the time, and going out to eat. The minute they'd leave our house at the end of their vacation, I'd have this melancholy feeling inside. I missed it. Well now that I'm older, it's a lot more complex, and a lot more emotions factor into the equation, but I guess both situations are relatively comparable. Maybe it's because trips are
transient.
I try my bestest to hide/deny it, but I'm a sensitive person. I don't really like dealing with or feeling them. Emotions. They smell funky.
My birthday shindigs is next weekend! 25 in style. I can't believe I'm turning a quarter century. Pictures to come.