Amidst packing, laundry, juicing my mp3 player, paying bills and all the stuff I should have but never seem to get done before any escapade, I realize that for the first time in a while, I'm alone in my apartment without having to worry about anything too impending, save NYC tomorrow. I don't have an itinerary, just bulleted notes of folks to kick it with and shit to do while I'm there in my journal. Hoping to hit each point at some given time during the trip. Far cry from the itemized, practiced, and pre-determined motion I've been through since May.
Of late, I've been comparing the me now to the me half a year ago, and it's absolutely effin amazing how much can change in a matter of six months. I've come a long way. Heartbreak. Turning 25. Making amends with dads. Stint of unemployment. Getting a new job. Losing an hour of my morning and night to a commute. Playing with the idea of a passed fling. Exploring myself through dance. Short trip after short trip after short trip. Feeling comfortable about placing my trust in someone's arms. Performing hip hop in front of 6 different audiences. A sequence of memories gone quicker than they came. Splash the weight of uncertainty on experience after experience and sense the highs and lows. It's no wonder why I was so damn anxious.
Seems like everyone I know has been saying that 2008 has been a weird weird year, but despite minor setbacks, I'm enthralled by the surges onward after getting up. 6 months ago I went to nyc.
Full circle. Ironic? Cliche? Nope. Just livin' it.
Hiatus until my return. Fueled with insights, retrospect, and much needed release.