I'm at my desk at work waking up. I'm at my desk at work waking up to Keyshia Cole's slow jams. Shouldn't that have the opposite effect on me? It's working anyway, so I guess not.
I'm done with a major deadline at work! What am I gonna do with myself now? Chill. Write more. Read more online stuff. All of the above? My roommate her friends and I started a new blog, check it :
b-sides! : I have a feeling I'll be writing on that more than I will this for the next couple o' months but we'll see.
Time! What a trip. In 2 days, I will have been working at Berkeley for a whole year. I guess this period of time puts everything in perspective, not just from a work-related point of view, but from a social point of view, inclusive of everything that has gone down outside of work too. It's gone by fast and aside from a few minor setbacks I feel proud of how far I've come within the time I started at Berkeley to now, personally and professionally.
Music and dance. Dance and music. Musical dance. Dancing to the music. Where would I be without the two? Both outlets lead me to a place of self-exploration. Why do I love music? Shiet. My reasons could go on forever and never but more recently I've appreciated the fact that these artists feel the same things that I do. Regardless of whether a song is about a single moment, an emotion that is fleeting, or an on-going struggle, something that is more lasting, to be able to capture with beats, notes, bridges and hooks the intricacies of feelings that can be hard to explain by just words alone is amazing. Where does dance fall into this picture? It gives our bodies the chance to emote these intricacies with movement. So there.
It's almost May. I have a feeling that this is going to be a really awesome summer. Always hopeful, but it's gonna be good. I know it.
Oh, and I plan on switching the rambling I usually do on this to wordpress sometime in the near future. Why? It's not that I need a fresh start or anything, but I'm changing up the energy because after a few years of doing the same blog new creativity (likely to happen after switching to a new spot) is needed. Stay tuned. Maybe I'll link the site here for the 2.3 people (if that) that actually read this. Mayyyyyybe.
do let your 2.3 readers know what's up. i would be one of those readers. :)