MindtraiLs
sophisticated dreamstah'ism.
3.11.2009
Feel-Good
80s beats, electro anything, synthisized rhythms fuzed into one loopy tune. Nevermind the lyrics, which usually end up being a little too on the woeful side. By the time I figure this out I've been took. The funky melody's confused me into feeling upbeat. This music's got me got.

Primo example: The Cure. I can eat their greatest hits cd up. In college a friend made fun of a wannabe brit-punk looking shaggy haired guy wearing chucks saying: "He looks like someone who would listen to the cure and be sad all day." This wouldn't happen if someone said this to me now, but at the time I was ashamed to admit that I actually like the cure. Yes, they're black nail polish totin, eye-liner wearin goth brits but their songs entrance me. Lots of other 80esque stuff does too, it's not all sad either.



80s elec.pop
open to recs. I like when my playlists grow.


Random Acts o Kindness


I notice things. Hooray for setting clocks ahead, I can see what's going on around me at 6pm in the evening. I was walking around in the mission district today standing a stoplight with a group of other strangers.A toughie-lookin neighborhood dood in our group caught my eye. Big frame, black beanie cap, baggie jeans, large sweater and scowl to match. A car blatantly ran his red light as ours turned green. The toughie continued to scowl the car down, then did something really surprising. He held his arm out, preventing an elderly man next to him from proceeding any further. His gesture reminded me of a parental instinct thing a friend's mom used to do when we'd ride in her car, holding her arm out to brace her daughter whenever she'd break suddenly. Except in tough dood's case, it was towards someone he didn't know. I smiled to myself. It doesn't end there. As we got to the other side of the street, another stranger, an elderly woman was bending down to grab her groceries from the curb before she got into a cab waiting for her. The toughie looked prepared to help her, but before he even could, that same elderly man helped her with her food. Strangers. Feel goodness. The kind of things I like to notice.