MindtraiLs
sophisticated dreamstah'ism.
1.23.2009
How producers "rig" abdc
This is resulting from hearing some rumors about tonight's eliminations prior to the airing of the show. As usual, I'm pissed, but I honestly think that the producers have a hand in determining the direction in which the show heads towards.

GiGi's Theory:
okay so the votes DO matter


Clearly, the votes do matter. In fact I think voters have a lot to do with which crews make it into the top spots versus the bottom crews. Voting can even 'carry' a team to the final round: case in point, SoReal Cru (Season 2). I mean c'mon. Would it even be a question of who had the better dancing abilities if it was between them and fanny pack? It was their strong fanbase that got them to the end. For the most part, producers rely on the good judgment of its viewers to make the right decision, this is why (aside from their ill skills) crews like Quest and Beat Freaks will make it to the end. Good to know, right? So if you like a crew, don't underestimate the power of your vote, your grandmama's vote, your ex-lover's vote, etc.


Like I said: don't underestimate the power of your vote


Shane Sparks, lil mama and jc? Aside from comic relief, they're there for sport.

What happens when a team doesn't get enough votes and ends up in the bottom crews? Well this is where the producers step in. The powers that be draft their own list, ranking who they want to stay according to how popular they are.

For example: if we were ranking the likability of Mos Def's songs according to mass appeal, the list would go something like this

1. Miss Fat Booty
2. Ghetto Rock
3. Brown Sugar
4. Travelling Man
5. Umi Says

Okay. "Miss Fat Booty," "Ghetto Rock" and "Traveling Man" were fortunate to make it to the top three because they were voted so. But despite its popularity in the mainstream, "Brown Sugar" makes it to the bottom two along with "Umi Says." What do the producers say when deciding between the two? Well duh, "Brown Sugar" ranks 3rd in 'popularity' with the kiddies, so we HAVE to save "Brown Sugar." It'll keep them happier with us.

I know this would probably be looked at differently depending on the person, taste, etc, but it's obvious that the show caters to who appeals to a population of their viewers and will keep people satisfied with the show.

Don't believe me? Look at Season 1. Between Kaba Modern and Status Quo, it's obvious who the better match for the Jabas would be. In the end the producers thought their audience would be happier with an east vs. west battle so they chose Status. Another example: tonight's results.

Crazy talks. Here I am speaking on something that really "aint that serious." It's entertainment, and should be looked at in that way. I'm being sincere when I say that.

Maybe Mario Lopez is the mastermind behind it all! The cornball factor, a coverup. Really.

Don't take it personal folks: cause that's show business.
In the end, it is what it is.