Now into my third full season of being in San Francisco: Autumn. The sky's more of a deeper blue than the brightness of summertime, the air feels heavier on my neck, and the days are getting us ready for the chill of bay area winter days. Two more months and I'll already have been back for a year. More and more now I'm seeing the place of my childhood with grown eyes. Like today I'm out and about doing my thing (walking to Lake Merced) I'll have these flashbacks, like I'm back in junior high again excited for a weekend trip to the mall, or I'm coming back from some junior sports league game. For that quick moment, it'll feel like I'm that way (young) again. Then it'll pass. And I'll smile because I can remember it and still feel the puerility of those times without being cynical about how different life is now compared to then.
Wisdom, confidence, experience, swallow it whole, cough it back up, all that stuff, smile.