MindtraiLs
sophisticated dreamstah'ism.
3.20.2008
I did it.
Hi Geralyn -

Unfortunately, you were not selected for the position of College Affairs
Director for College Track San Francisco. Your resume, interviews, feedback
from Shawna, feedback from the students, curriculum and reference were
outstanding and it was truly a very difficult decision for me to make. The
candidate who was selected has worked for College Track and her intimate
knowledge of the College Affairs Program provided her with a slight edge
and was the determining factor as to why she was selected.



This is the second time the exact same situation has happened to me. The first being in November with another Non-Profit.

It took a string of not-so-hot happenings and me turning 25 to get the guts to do it.

I put in my two weeks and am quitting the job I've grown complacent with. My departure stirred up my department and turned up some unexpected reactions. Many folks are planning on leaving come Summer. A lot of people congratulated me. One lady who is a lot older, jaded, and known for taking her moods out on students was happy for me and told me that "Life isn't really like how it is [here]." My Dean asked if it was her (Hmmmm, you think?). My supervisor said my resignation letter was really well-written. What awaits at the end of this Month? I have nothing lined up but it's a chance I'm willing to take.

I've stayed longer than a year, and have remained that long for the wrong reasons. Yes I love my Student Assistants and my direct supervisor. I learned a lot within my first eight months, but currently do not feel like I am growing professionally. I didn't go to graduate school to not develop as an educator. The work that I do and that our team as a whole does for our division is under appreciated. Plus some run-ins with folks who try to micromanage over the past couple of months have left me frustrated. I guess I just had things (travel, 3$ tuition, friends, boys) that distracted me from the fact that I needed to take action. Shouldn't I be able to enjoy those things while working in a job that I like? Yes.

So here goes.

Currently Listening
As I Am
By Alicia Keys
lesson learned
see related
1 Comments:
Blogger edes said...
glad to hear you take action. good luck with the job search! i'm sure you'll find something that agrees with both your heart and mind.