Baaaaaaack. I can see why people like LA now and I can honestly say that it took me. It's a place where a block of houses can be amidst the inners of the busiest part of a hood. It's got random packets where there are chill shops and eats. It's warm. Hanging out there, I understood why my friends have sooooooo much pride in that city. Then I got lost on the freeways. I asked random people how I could find my way back. No one knew. Then I remembered why I would never live there. Stillgotlove though. Still got love.
I saw folks who I needed to see which makes me realize even moreso that people who are meant to be around will just be. I know I always say this, but I am blessed by the people who are in my life.
UCI. Driving around campus reminded me of how it was to be an undergrad. Class. Chill. Class. Activities. Chill. Party. Midterms. Class. Chill. Class. Activities. Chill. Party. Finals. Went back to get some school gear- man, it's different now. The center of campus has been madeover in attempts to make it look 'new UCish.' I didn't recognize anyone anymore.
Hanging out with college friends in LA marked what time + life does- we're grown. The real world brings responsibility, and 'adult concerns' to mind. I'm not sad about this, just in awe of how much everything has changed.
Nice vacation, yet I missed sf. Some friends are thinking about moving to NY in a couple of years- if my path takes me back so be it. If sf is it, then that's cool too. I'm open to the possibility of moving to another metropolitan city, just not actively pursuing it.
I landed a job, which means I'll be starting a new chapter in my life. I landed a job, which means I'll be going to Greece/Amsterdam in August/September without having to worry about ends.
I landed a great job.
Life is good.
greece sounds fun! so jealous.