MindtraiLs
sophisticated dreamstah'ism.
5.16.2008
once was
I think I did something to my hip flexer during yoga. I overstretched it or something, it's been bugging me for the past couple of weeks and nothing I do (rest, more yoga, stopping the workouts) has helped. It bugs.

Dancing between being set free and in control. Lately, or for the past couple of months, I've made it a point to be the latter. Even when I was going through that funky funky time a little while ago, I found ways to make sure that I had some element of awareness in everything I did or felt. Which makes it hard to face that I tend to jump into things. A bit of a contradiction? Yes. Working on this.

So in one recent moment, I caught myself completely off guard. Relatively no waking awareness. Truth? Yes. Embarrassing? Yes. I suppose letting go of it all had to happen sometime.

Just started my job at UCB. I was stoked when I got it, but it's a lot unlike the past 3 jobs that I interviewed for in the sense that it isn't working with kids from underpriveleged backgrounds. I figured I didn't get these jobs because I'm not ready for all that. After I started at Berkeley I got two interview offers for Upward Bound SF and another non-profit in the city. Funny how that happens. Did I make the right choice? Again, who really knows. I'm a lil more at ease now, they switched me from being the Program Coord for athletics admissions to the Haas Business program, which is an even better deal. I have no complaints. My supervisor is supersweet, and I work with a friend. The negative environment I needed to leave at State is thankfully lacking.

So smiles.

If anything, I've learned that goodness takes time, so I'm livin it so. Now that things are starting to settle I feel less anxious.. On to the new.




Ne-Yo and Alicia




Both really amazing performers. Ne-yo sounds exactly like he does on his CD and Alicia sounds even better than hers. Worth the drive up to Sac.

Currently Watching
Arrested Development - Season Two
By Arrested Development
see related